If you need to replace your driving license or ID card because you misplaced it or the expiration date is approaching, you can request a replacement or renewal. The procedure must be carried out in person. All you have to do is go to the Wyoming driver exam office and fill out a form. You'll have to make some payments and get a new photo taken later.

Lost License

In case you have lost your DL or ID card and aren’t out of state you can just visit the nearest office and request a replacement. You should have the following documents ready before you head to the facility:
  • A valid United States passport or a state-issued birth certificate
  • You must provide proof of your Social Security number
  • Two Wyoming residence proof
In case you are out of state, you should contact Wyoming DOT via mail or online and ask for a temporary permit. Please note that you should return within 60 days. In case you are not able to be back on time, send the required documents and ask for a replacement.
Include a Forwarding Request Form in your application so that the DOT can send a new permit to you. Note that you need to make the same changes for Wyoming License Plates as well.

Renewing Your Driver License

Every resident in Wyoming has to renew their DLs. The due dates may vary based on the types of permits. Generally, you get a reminder notification about four months before the expiration date. The letter will include all the required details on how and when to apply for a renewal.
You will have two options: update your permit by mail or in person. WY DOT doesn’t have a portal for online submission. The mailing address for documents is:
Driver Services-WYDOT,
5300 Bishop Blvd, Cheyenne,
WY 82009-3340

By Mail Renewals

DLs are generally due for ten years. Every time the expiration day is near you will receive a special reminder with the application form in it. Actually, they send the reminder 120 days before the due day so that you manage to do the paperwork.
Drivers are also required to take a Vision attestation. It can be done no sooner than 1 year ago.
It’s recommended to have a 30 days interval before the due date so that the office can process your application.

Renewing in person

All the WY residents have to pay a visit to the DOT once every ten years to renew their permits. The employees will take a new photo and update your data. You will also need to pass a vision test and submit all the following documents:
  • Proof of identity
  • Social Security Number
  • Residency Proof
If you have any medical or vision issues, your doctor may be required to fill out a Medical Evaluation form and/or a Vision Evaluation form. When updating a CDL license, you must produce a valid federal DOT Medical Certificate. If you have the Hazardous Materials endorsement, you must take the Hazmat written test every time you renew it.